The revelations of a “resistance within” the Trump Administration are surprising in their details. But what is happening now was always inherent in the idea of a Trump presidency.
History is directional and progressive, and the modernization process points to liberal democracy as its fullest embodiment. But getting there is harder than it seemed back in 1992, and the possibility of institutional decay is ever-present.
It is my pleasure to welcome you to this blog about the issues and challenges confronting democracy at home and abroad.
- Why Pakistan Won’t Cooperate
- The Bulverizing of the American Mind
- The Useful Errors of Terry Eagleton
- How Not to Make Palestine Great Again
- Huntington’s Legacy
- The New British Exceptionalism
- The Top 14 Causes of Political Polarization
- Interrogating Identity
- China Cracks Down in Xinjiang
- The Right Stuff, and Other Stuff